Rainbow-FM 89.3 is a volunteer-driven community radio station, which means that our broadcasts and all other normal activities are delivered entirely by volunteers. We very much appreciate all our volunteers, because without them - there is no station.
Community Radio is all about variety, diversity and independence (re. CBAA Codes of Practice).
Rainbow-FM 89.3 is a community radio station and exists because of our members - listeners just like you - and our sponsors. A great way to show your support for Rainbow-FM 89.3 is to become a member.
Memberships assist with:
- Equipment upgrades and new technology
- Resources and presenter training
- Providing access to the airwaves to subscribing community members
- Music and information you don't get elsewhere
- Membership subscriptions are one of the main forms of income for the station, so your subscription does make a difference.
- Would you like to support your local community radio station, Rainbow-FM 89.3?
- Would you like to know how your local community radio station works and operates?
- Want to get involved?
- Want to become a member?
- Want to write online articles or share news with us?
- Receive radio-presenter training?
- Present your own on-air program?
- Work alongside another presenter?
- Record your own promotional material?
- Update your radio presentation skills?
- Resource the latest material?
- What else can you do to be actively involved?
- Need more information?
Ways to participate
- Volunteers at Rainbow-FM can be involved in a wide range of practical roles, including...
- On-air program presenter
- Outside broadcast facilitator
- Music news researcher
- CD & digital music library facilitator
- Fund-raising activities
- Administration assistant
- Production assistant
- Segment producer
- Website webmaster
- Training facilitator
- Networking facilitator
- Article writing
- Music reviewer
- Local news reader
- Information technology
- Cleaning and/or maintenance
- Social Media facilitator
- Local news researcher
- Programming committee member
- Technical engineering
- Quality assessment
... and many other ways to participate!